Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wedding Dreams: A Gatsby Inspired Wedding

Let's take a trip to Long Island's Gold Coast for a Gatsby Inspired Dream Wedding! 

The Great Gatsby has always been one of my favorite novels, and with the upcoming release of Baz Luhrmann's take on the classic I am officially in a 1920's frenzy. I thought it'd be fun to throw together some ideas for a 1920's Gatsby Inspired Wedding. 


This wedding is everything I loved about the novel. Reading about Jay Gatsby's parties, I remember thinking how magical they must have seemed. And magical is exactly how I would want this wedding. I would stick to art deco colors with a lot of gold, silver, black and white. Decor would be minimal but strikingly beautiful. A live jazz band would play throughout dinner, and waiters would serve speakeasy style cocktails. 


I love this letterpress suite from Lucky Luxe Couture Correspondence. I think it would set the tone for guests perfectly. The suite evokes art deco glam with it's understated simplicity and graphic styling. I would change the green in the invitation to a shimmery gold. Naturally, the suite is named "Gatsby". 

Gatsby Invitation Suite


The coordinating Save the Date is a piece of art, and absolutely frame worthy. 

Gatsby Invitation Suite
How sweet would it be to customize the couple in the bride and groom's likeness? Much better than a picture magnet, if you ask me.

I can't imagine this wedding taking place any other than Long Island's Oheka Castle. Oheka looks like it was dreamed up by F. Scott Fitzgerald himself. It is the perfect location for a summer soiree. I can see a ceremony in the gardens, cocktail hour outside under the stars, and the reception inside the estate. 


Oheka Castle

Oheka Castle

Oheka Castle


 Absolutely swoon worthy right? The decor would be 100% glitz and glam. Something along these lines. I love everything about this tablescape; it's beautiful, modern, and classic.

The Event Firm

Now, let's talk fashion. I would dress my ladies in a fun 1920's-esque cocktail gown, how beautiful is this one from Sue Wong?

Sue Wong

And now - the real star of the show, the BHLD Aiguille Gown. This dress inspired me to write this post. I just couldn't stop thinking about it. 


BHLDN Aiguille Gown

All I would add to this dress would be a touch of bling in the hair, and a killer pair of heels. 


BHLDN Everybright Circle

Christian Louboutin

And there you have it! My dream Gatsby inspired wedding.I think Zelda would be impressed, don't you? 


Zelda Fitzgerald













No comments:

Post a Comment