Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vintage Jersey Shore: The Vision Goes To The Beach

 For those of you following along; I had envisioned a rustic-chic vineyard wedding for The Groom and I. I pulled together "The Vision" based on the idea that a vineyard wedding would be a way for us to have a beautiful, romantic wedding yet stay on budget. However, after touring a few vineyards I realized that this option really wasn't as affordable as I had hoped. Before I fell into complete despair, The Groom stepping in and found away that we could get "The Dream". The Dream being the beautiful Jersey Shore wedding I used to daydream about, but never thought we could afford. The Groom had found a few venues that were within budget, and located in the beautiful beach town of Spring Lake, NJ. Intrigued by this idea, The Groom and I set up appointments on a day we could both take off work and coordinated with my parents to meet us in Spring Lake for another day of venue shopping. 



  While I waited for the day of beach venue shopping to arrive, I got my pinterest on. My ideas for a vineyard wedding didn't totally blend with a Jersey Shore beach front wedding, thus I had to make a new vision. And so I developed The Vision Goes to the Beach, not just my latest pinterest board but also my new frame of mind. The Vision Goes to the Beach began with making my vineyard-inspiration beach appropriate, but over time I let go of the vineyard look and instead held onto the overarching aesthetic I wanted regardless of location: beautiful, romantic, and fun. Instead of deep plums, I'm thinking soft lavender and lilac. Instead of emeralds and moss greens, I like soft pale greens. And it wouldn't be a beach wedding without hints of blue mixed in, right? More important than the colors, I want the wedding to reflect classic Jersey Shore. I'm thinking of using salt water taffy as favors, maybe renting a trolley to transport the bridal party, and incorporating vintage beach postcards. I want our guests to feel like they are on the ultimate Jersey Shore vacation of days gone by. I guess we could call this vision Vintage Shore? 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment