Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Vision

I can't lie - I've been planning this wedding in my head for about two years. But don't think I'm completely crazy, at the time I was working for "the-online-wedding-registry-company-from-hell". Or, MyHellHole.com as I affectionately refer to them. During my time at MyHellHole, I spent a lot of time scouring wedding blogs, WeddingBee, The Knot, etc. Suddenly, my head started filling with ideas and inspiration. This was long before Pinterest, so what was a girl to do? E-mail myself all these genius ideas of course! Over the last two years I quietly e-mailed myself anything I came across that sounded interesting and stored these emails in a Gmail folder. 


It's completely normal to create your own monogram pre-engagement right?
When Pinterest finally debuted "secret boards" I pounced. Finally I was able to create and save all my ideas in one visual place. Without looking like a total nutbag. Around December of last year, The Groom had all but confirmed to me that we would become engaged sometime in 2014. In between walking on air and keeping my fingers freshly manicured, I did research on what I really wanted this wedding to look like and what would be a good representation of us. 

And thus... The Vision was born. 


Source: Style Me Pretty
The Vision is what I hope and dream this wedding will look like, feel like, capture, and reflect. It is not finalized, and will continue to evolve. It also may get scrapped completely as we move forward with wedding planning. However, The Vision is giving me parameters and is helping to guide me in piecing together this little wedding of ours. And - bonus, The Groom is completely on board with The Vision. Did he sit around dreaming about what our wedding would look like for two years? No. But he does have a sense of style and taste, and he's loved everything I've shown him so far.


Source: The Perfect Palette
So: I give you The Vision. A romantic, Fall, rustic yet elegant vineyard (or vineyard-esque) wedding. Featuring a lot of purples, bronzes, golds, and other autumn elements. I do not want to limit myself to two or three colors, but instead want to work within a general palate and create an overall ambiance for the wedding. These are the images I am using as a reference tool. Eventually I'm sure I'll create my own mood board, but for now these have been very hand. 


Source



Source




Source

 This week I start the venue hunt. I'm visiting two vineyards in South Jersey. I'm hoping these venues fit the bill so that we can lock down a date, and The Vision can come to life. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment